The Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management prepares the student for various careers in the tourism industry and/or hospitality sectors. The program aims to:
- provide comprehensive knowledge and critical awareness of the main ideas, concepts and principles in tourism management;
- develop skills in planning, developing and sustaining a tourism product;
- fortify skills in the field of research, leadership, entrepreneurship, travel agency management, resort management, event management and transportation management;
- cultivate skills in planning, packaging, and pricing domestic or international tourism products based on market requirements and number of participants in a particular tour program;
- hone reportorial and communication skills specifically in the field of tourism; and
- sharpen skills in the application of work related technology including information handling and skills for lifelong learning.