School of Dentistry aims to produce graduates who are morally, spiritually and intellectually competent and aware of relevant goals both in the national and international level of dental profession.
1. Acquire adequate theoretical knowledge for profound clinical applications.
2. Acquire and develop proficiency in clinical diagnostic procedures, competent clinical judgment of various clinical cases and effective patient management geared for global competitiveness.
3. Possess competency in scientific research methods and processes.
4. Imbibe social sensitivity to operationalize the dictum "service to humanity" through the promotion of oral health of the community and of the nation.
5. Manifest a sense of moral and spiritual commitment.
Identified Program Objectives
Core Program Outcomes
1. Apply comprehensive knowledge and principles of Dentistry in providing quality oral health care.
2. Apply critical thinking skills in the delivery of oral health education.
3. Demonstrate social sensitivity through community and extension dental services.
4. Work effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
5. Fortify skills in basic, experimental and clinical researches;
disseminate research output and findings; and contribute to the development of new treatment options.
6. Apply business principles, entrepreneurship, practices, processes and innovative technology in Dentistry.
7. Engage in lifelong learning to keep abreast of the current trends in the field of Dentistry.
8. Manifest a strong sense of ethical, legal and moral standards in the practice of Dentistry.
9. Demonstrate effective communication skills while providing comprehensive dental care.