Established in 1960, the School of Medical Technology was the first of its kind in the country. It has molded medical technologists with intensive and updated training provided by the most seasoned practitioners, and enhanced with the most modern laboratory equipment and resources.
The CEU School of Medical Technology trains students in the performance of laboratory test procedures and analyses used in the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of disease and the maintenance of health. The program focuses on the use of modern equipment and the performance of scientific techniques in the administration of the full spectrum of Medical Technology services required in modern health care. At the end of a four-year course, students demonstrate competencies in scientific research, methods and processes, having acquired skills in instrumentation, laboratory diagnosis, methodology and life-saving procedures. They manifest as well wholesome values and attitudes which enable them to be able to contribute to the overall social, mental, physical, health, and environmental concerns of the community, of the country, and of the world.
- The FIRST and ONLY Medical Technology program with the HIGHEST LEVEL of accreditation LEVEL IV, by PACUCOA as certified by FAAP
- CHED-Accredited hospital affiliations
- Complete laboratory facilities for Hematology, Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Drug Testing, HIV and Hepatitis Screening, and Clinical Microscopy
- Clinical Laboratory Practice (CLP) incorporated in the Medical Technology Laws and Ethics course where students take rigid oral, written, and practical examination.
- Faculty members are certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists International (ASCPi) and American Medical Technologists (AMT) and are active officers/members of the Philippine Association of Schools of Medical Technology and Public Health Incorporated (PASMETH), Philippine Association of Medical Technologists (PAMET), Philippine Society for Microbiology (PSM), Philippine Academy of Microbiology (PAM), and Philippine Society of Parasitology (PSP)
- Integration of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course and Medical Transcription in the curriculum
- Accredited as training clinical laboratory classified as Category III by the Bureau of Health Services and Facilities, DOH
- Research classes make use of molecular diagnostic technology- TFIR, PCR and others
Dr. Charito M. Bermido
Dean,School of Medical Technology
3rd Flr. Generosa de Leon Science Center
Centro Escolar University
9 Mendiola St.,
San Miguel, Manila City
(+63)2 8735-6861 to 71 loc. 217