- Dr. Ma. Cristina SJ. Liwanag, Assistant to the Dean for Student Affairs, placed 2nd in Oral Research Presentation during the 55th PAMET National Convention last December 4, 2019. The title of her paper is; Occurrence of Cockroach-borne ESBL Producing Enteric Pathogens along Recto, Avenue, Manila.
- Dr. Lea Necitas G. Apostol, a lecturer, had been awarded the following awards:
- International Publication Award – Research Institute for Tropical Medicine
- Travel Awards to present funded researches:
- National Cheng Kung University, Tokaku University, Japan Forum on Emerging & Reemerging Infectious Disease – December 2019, Hokkaido, Japan
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation International Congress on Infectious Disease, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, February 2020
- Mr. Mark Rodrigo D. Mendros presented a poster at the International Conference of the 40th Anniversary of AMS-KKU Foundation in Khon Kaen University, Thailand last November 6-8, 2019. Title of Poster: “Determination of Serum Formaldehyde and Ethylene Glycol Levels Among Electronic Cigarette Smokers in Manila, Philippines”, Transformative Technologies in MLS In the Philippines.
FACULTY-STUDENT COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH
- CEU Manila’s “Biosorption Activity of Pleurotusosteatus in Reducing Lead and Cadmium Levels in Water Samples from Estero De San Miguel” won third place in the 2nd Young ASEAN Medical Laboratory Scientist Research Conference at Trinity University of Asia last June 7, 2019. The winning team includes: John Archie Ablanque, Steven Balauitan, Rachell Cabanting, Aleccis Calangi, Erica Joyce De Villena, Tricia Ysabel Macalalad, Erica Joy Madriaga, Jermaine Anne Quecoy, Fernando Valdera, Jr., Dr. Aileen C. Patron - Research Adviser