Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Through the years, the School of Nutrition and Hospitality Management has produced graduates who excel in their practice in the Philippines and around the world. The thorough, hands-on training provided by the School's instructors provide the students with the skills and knowledge they need to build reputable professional practices.
The interactive classroom discussions are supplemented with stimulating activities, such as culinary contests, seminars, exposure tours, and practicum in well-known accredited institutions, both local and international.
Most of all, the School, in keeping with the University motto of Ciencia y Virtud (Science and Virtue), molds well-trained and highly qualified professionals with a strong sense of nationalism and recognition of their responsibility as global citizens.
- Hotel and Restaurant Management and Tourism Management Programs are ASEAN University Network (AUN) quality assessment certified
- 90% passing average in the Licensure Exam for Nutritionist-Dietitian for the past 3 years
- The FIRST and ONLY Nutrition and Dietetics program with the HIGHEST LEVEL of accreditation, Level IV, by PACUCOA as certified by FAAP
- Historical Manila Hotel is HRM and Tourism students on-the-job training site
- International Practicum Training Program in the USA, Malaysia, and Vietnam
- Faculty/Student Exchange Program in Daegu, South Korea
- Hands-on experience with prominent culinary chefs
- Well-organized and supervised educational tours, both local and international, to expose students to international standards of quality education and training
- Fully-equipped food laboratories for students’ training in food production, beverage/bar operations, food merchandising, catering, and banquet service management
- Use of Micros Fidelio (Reservation System used in International 5-star Hotels)
- CEU-ATS Travel Bureau, laboratory for organizing and coordinating tours, passport applications, etc. conducted by Tourism students
- Nutrition Clinic, laboratory for nutrition assessment and counseling conducted by Nutrition and Dietetics students and faculty.
The School of Nutrition and Hospitality Management is committed to quality education that ensures the total development of its graduates who are empowered to lead in their chosen professions and are competent members of the global workforce.
In line with the Centro Escolar University's philosophy, mission and vision to be the University of first choice, the School of Nutrition and Hospitality Management is committed:
- well-rounded individuals who are morally and spiritually upright;
to produce competent professionals who are involved in community service, research-oriented, and equipped with the new information technology and emerging knowledge and skills that meet international standards of excellence while continually in quest for personal and professional growth.
Dr. Cecilia C. Uncad
Dean, School of Nutrition and Hospitality Management
2nd Flr. Technology Center Building
Centro Escolar University
9 Mendiola St.,
San Miguel, Manila City
(+63)2 735-6861 to 71 loc. 220