Education—Liberal Arts—Music—Social Work
The School of Education—Liberal Arts—Music—Social Work (SELAMS) brings together four pioneering programs to create a venue for students to pursue their unique calling in excellence, creativity, and passion.
The Education Program molds students to become excellent teachers, sympathetic counselors of the youth, and responsible leaders of the community. Our graduates have become outstanding school administrators, supervisors, and teachers in premier schools locally and worldwide.
The Liberal Arts Program hones students to be effective media communicators and educators, political scientists, and versatile professionals in the fields of art and culture.
The Music Program trains students to develop into skillful local, national, and international artists - opera singers, composers, conductors, and leaders in the music field.
The Social Work Program fosters student growth in becoming competent and skillful workers in public welfare agencies, corporate institutions, and communities here and abroad.
SELAMS stands for
Prominent school in the country
Dynamic response to modern challenges
Significant contribution to the progress of the professional fields
- CHED CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN TEACHER EDUCATION
- HIGHEST LEVEL of accreditation, Level IV, by PACUCOA as certified by FAAP for Liberal Arts (Mass Communication and Political Science) and Education programs
- Level II accredited status for Social Work program by PAASCU
- State-of-the-art industrial type broadcast equipment and simulated network facilities (studio and editing suites)
- Theater Arts Clinic for Performing Arts
- Curriculum leading to Bachelor of Music meeting international standards
- Music Extension Program in Voice, Piano, Strings, Guitar, Woodwind, Brasswind, and Percussion
- Individualized sound-proof music studios and recital hall
- Emphasis on social development and case management in Social Work program
- Case Conference Room for Social Work practicum students
- Integration Program for Special Students
The School of ELAMS affirms CEU’s vision of, and commitment to quality education founded on wholesome values and geared towards intellectual development, technological advancement, and world-class competence in the fields of Education-Liberal Arts-Music-Social Work.
The School will provide efficient, effective, and enlightened inculcation of knowledge, skills, and values in line with the specific objectives of its programs.
Dr. Ma. Rita D. Lucas
Dean, School of Education—Liberal Arts—Music—Social Work
3rd Flr. Carmen de Luna Hall
Centro Escolar University
9 Mendiola St.,
San Miguel, Manila City
(+63)2 735-6861 to 71 loc. 223 and 247